Sunday 19 June 2011

It's that time again

Happy Sunday everyone!

I'm beginning to wonder why I call myself a scrapbooker as I seem to be spending most of the time making cards at the moment. I'd love to have done the scrap sketch on the MME blog this month but since we've had a house full of visitors for over a week I only had time for a card. The theme for this month was 'Song Lyrics'. Here's the sketch...


...and here's my version


Star Spangled Banner are the lyrics that have inspired this. With July 4th just round the corner it's my tribute to all things American so what could be more appropriate than using red, white and blue! I mainly used MME's Alphabet Soup for this one and a few red brads I had laying around in my stash. Not sure why I thought this would be quicker than a layout - those flags took forever!

And just to finish - a huge congrats to Kerryn Lawson and Geli Duncan who won Scrapbooking Memories 'Express Yourself' competition (traditional section.) Make sure you check out their blogs to see their beautiful creations.

Cheers and thanks for stopping by,
Claire xx

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!