Saturday 12 May 2012

Playing with Fancy Pants!

Hi Scrappers,

The new Scrapville pack is choc full of papers by Fancy Pants Designs. It's a really whimsical paper range and I loved having a play -





I find papers with a large design on them quite hard to work with, so naturally I had to make life difficult for myself and choose it as my background! I fussy cut parts of the paper and layered it over a 6 x 8 photo. The Thickers are vinyl ones - perfect for smudging gesso on and embossing using Versamark. I used a heap of fullstops to string the bunting together, covering them with some Kindy Glitz. The photo says it all really so I didn't think much journalling was needed - I used a quote: ' A laugh is a smile that bursts.' I'm really not into a lot of quotes but I think that one's pretty cute!

Hope you all have a beautiful weekend, enjoying the amazing weather we have at the moment. I think Summer's finally arrived in Sydney, just 4 months too late!

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire x


2 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous!!! I love your work, it's so fun! You have done brilliantly with this paper! I don't know which brand it is but it looks totally awesome how you've fussy cut it! I love what you did with the title and you are right - that is the cutest quote! Even I'd use that, and I'm not the biggest "quote" fan out there! Thanks so much for the inspiration - I'm your fan! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! I just re-read you post and der - I just noticed that the pp is Fancy Pants! I must of been too excited by your layout that I forgot! LOL! :D
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!