Thursday 14 June 2012

Waiting for Baby....

Hi Scrappers,

Another sketch challenge at Waltzingmouse this week - I decided to do a new baby boy card since a friend of mine is due to pop any second.  I wanted to get away from the usual baby blues and pastel colours:



I used my trusty Studio Calico mask again with some Glimmer Mist , embossed the red Echo Park paper and used my Fancy Phrases and Very Vintage Labels sets for the stamping. The journal spot is MME - I thought when the baby is born I could write his name, weight, length and birth date on it so the card can be kept as a keepsake.

Not much scrapping going on at the moment, although I had a lovely box of Kaisercraft goodies arrive yesterday as I was lucky enough to win last months Saturday sketch. (Thank you Kaisercraft!)  Don't you just love when those 12 x 12 boxes of scrappy stuff arrive?

Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by,

Claire x

7 comments:

  1. Super JOB with all the elements, I love the misted layer, really brings it all in together, gorgeous use of colour as well!! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love that masked background - it caught my attention immediately! What a sweet baby card - perfect for a new little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those sweet stripey overalls for a baby card! The clothespins are an adorable touch, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the overalls and clothespins...
    that fabby bow and button...
    and the masked background is gorgeous!! :)
    A perfect card to welcome a new little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool card! Love the mini pegs and baby dungrees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun design for a baby card Claire - love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun card! I love the pop of colors! Thanks for playing with us this week at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!