Tuesday 31 July 2012

Waltzingmouse #108

Hi fellow bloggers,

Hope you're all having a great week. I've just had my first weekend at home, all on my own, in almost 4 years. I had my first full nights sleep in months and felt like a new woman when I woke up on Saturday morning at 8.30am!  Saturday afternoon was spent at a friends 40th lunch, overlooking the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, on a beautiful, sunny Winter's day. What more can a girl ask for?

I came home and attempted to do Waltzingmouse sketch challenge #108, but since I spent half the night trying to tie a bow, the moral to this story is don't drink and craft. A few glasses of champers and wine, followed by a few more does nothing to get that mojo going! So, I've got a couple of cards to show you for this - the first doesn't exactly resemble the original sketch so I reckon I'd be pushing it to enter it into the challenge:


I've embossed the star from the Seasons of Love stamp set and put it over a stamped doile from the Dainty Dolies (small) set. I've edged the star and the cardstock in gold and added the bow. Amazing how much quicker it is to tie a bow when you're drinking coffee and not champagne eh?

Anyway, moving on, I had a another attempt at the sketch:


This time I used the Vintage Labels set on top of another stamped doile. The scroll behind the flower is also from the Seasons of Love set and the the sentiment from Asian Gardens. much more like the sketch I think!

That's all for this one folks!
Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by,

Claire x







8 comments:

  1. Claire...they're both wonderful! Love the Xmas star...yes just one more stamp I NEED...hehe! Love the colors in the second (just a bit partial to red and black),,, the doilie pops....what a treat to have a breK on your own!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous cards and I love that you were a tipsy bow tie-er!! It looks fabby!What beautiful rich colours you used on both cards, I like the doily paired with the star also, I never thought to put those together but it's lovely! thank you so much for playing along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is gorgeous...luv both of these cards!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous cards, Claire! Love the doily backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think both cards are beautiful Claire! Love the fancy die cuts on the first - with that big doily stamp - makes this look so festive and decorative - perfect for Christmas, and the second - I love this one too. I love the clever half doily peeking through, and that fancy stamped tag - if these are both by products of a few glasses of wine - then heck pour me in girl! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE both your cards -so elegant and beautiful! ...and my point is that sketches should be for inspiration so never hesitate another time to enter a card like the first one - I think it is fabulous take on the sketch!!!!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at WMSC, Hugs Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire...I was thrown at first when you said "Winter"...all I could think was "She had a REALLY good time!" *giggle*
    But then I remembered Australia is in Winter right now...duh! :)
    Yes...
    sometimes I'm slow on the uptake!
    But I think both of these are fabulous...
    I love the first one...
    it's so elegant!!
    And your bow is fabby! :)
    So glad you didn't have so much fun you couldn't play along! *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are stunning. Elegant and so eye-catching. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!