Sunday 23 September 2012

It Will be All White

G'day fellow card makers!

So I keep seeing lots of blogs with beautiful, simple cards that have been inspired by the CASology challenge blog. I've always wondered what this CAS thing is and it turns out it means Clean and Simple. Ok, so I'm a little slow on the uptake.

For this weeks challenge the cue word is 'white'. There seems to be a real trend at the moment for simple cards with heaps of white space. I love it - but I never seem to be able to get it to work on my own cards and I always end up with heaps of layers.

Anyway I had to have a go at this as there's some beautiful, inspiring stuff in the gallery:




I've used my Frame It Waltzingmouse Stamp again - get used to it as it's going to be around a lot! I then lined up a few rows of white butterflies with a pink one slap, bang in the middle. For the background I've stamped a Kaisercraft script on some vellum and embossed it in white.


Can't wait to have a look at what everyone else has done! Thanks for stopping by,

Claire x

5 comments:

  1. Love the embossed background!!!!!!,wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful take on the cue word!! love the embossed background and the little pink butterfly! so glad to have you playing along with CASology!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous card. I truly love the clean and simple lines. It's much harder than it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love look of the scripty-embossed background and the pink butterfly is a perfect little splash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, this is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!