Sunday 13 January 2013

Cooling off with Casology

Hello again Bloggers!

I'm in Canberra this weekend and woke up to the smell of smoke throughout the house, from bushfires about 70km away. Luckily the weather has cooled a little so hopefully this will allow the fire service to get the fires under control.

This week's Casology challenge has helped keep me cool in the roasting weather though:





Since I'm not at home I had VERY limited supplies to play with. In fact, I packed just the bare essentials; card, ink and a few scraps of patterned paper and blue bazzil. I've had that little Cuttlebug snowman die for years - he's pretty cute isn't he but I felt as though he needed a twine scarf to keep his neck warm. I inked some glossy card stock for a bit of a snowy night scene - I'd have liked to have added some snow with some gesso but I didn't grab any in my packing frenzy. A jaunty little hat would have gone well too...maybe next time!

Hope you're having a great weekend and thanks for stopping by,

Claire x






7 comments:

  1. Super cute snowman! I do like the offset layers - funky!

    I can't imagine what it must be like to be so close to fires like that - keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun - the offset layers and the bold colours give lots of movement and bounce! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a really cute little snow dude especially with that scarf! Love the layered mats too. Stay safe with all those fires around! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little Cuttlebug snoman is so FUN! I love the angled layers, too...also fun, just like the snowman. Stay safe...and thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that little snowman on your cute little card just makes me smile, claire! fun take on the cue worod... thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire, it just shows what a wonderful job crafters can do with limited supplies. Well done, this is fabulous, such a cute snowman. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card. I love the way you used off center mats for your main image. I hope you and your family stay safe! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!