Saturday 26 January 2013

Monday Muse

Hello Bloggers!

Don't you just love a new challenge site?! Muse is a brand new challenge blog where a different designer each week provides a card  from which you draw inspiration for your own design. In other words, you use it as your 'muse.' What I like about this one is that you have to comment on at least 3 of your fellow member's submissions and you have to vote for the one you find most inspiring. This week's card has been done by Amy Kolling:







I love the way Amy has placed her image to one side and left a lot of white space. I've also been inspired by her use of bling, although I've positioned mine slightly differently.

Now I have to say, I do actually have another 'muse' for this card...is that allowed?! A few months ago Anne-Elise made a stunning card for one of the Waltzingmouse challenges, where she used her doile stamps to create a wedding dress. She stamped the doiles on to vellum, embossed the images in white and layered them to make a dress. Her beautiful card can be seen here. I've done something similar, but I've used a My Minds Eye lace border stamp instead. Hope she doesn't mind me using her card for a little inspiration too!

Well, that's enough musing for now folks...have a great weekend and a wonderful Australia Day if you're in  my neck of the woods!

Thanks for popping by,

Claire





9 comments:

  1. Wow! What a neat technique and such a stunning card! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the dress! Thanks for sharing how you made it and the link to Anne-Lise's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE the dress - FAB card Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire. I just found your blog and I love your work. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedding dress is STUNNING Claire! Really beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing dress, this card is really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your use of the dress as the focal image, and the way you did the lace on it. The colors are wonderful. Overall, this is a really interesting and great interpretation of the inspiration piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Claire, I can see why you liked the doily technique! Your bridal dress is STAHUNNING!! And the pearls and the layered pp and the text ... brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super gorgeous card. Love the dress.. So glad I have found your blog. You have such a huge talent bringing colours and designs together. Love it!

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!