Sunday 17 February 2013

Seeing Red

Hello bloggers,

Just had time to sneak in a card for this week's Casology challenge - the cue word for this one is 'red.' Apart from love, it probably conjures up the word 'angry' for me, but I'm not quite sure how you interpret that on to a card...a few angry,  red ink splats maybe?

Since ink splats aren't really my style I reached for a doile stamp instead:



No room to put a sentiment on this one but sometimes it's handy to have an 'anything goes' card isn't it?
I found some lovely, sparkly, cherry red embossing powder in my stash but it doesn't really sparkle in the photo much...looks a lot prettier IRL!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Claire x




5 comments:

  1. I love that spirograph image and I just love how you've put the flourish across the centre of it - a wonderful mixture of simple graphics and elegance! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of an anything goes card! Perfect take on the cue card! Glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really pretty Claire! I love the doily with the flourish across it! very lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card, claire... love how you layered all the elements! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, you are so right...sometimes you just need a card with no sentiment, they are always good to have on hand! This is just such a lovely, symmetrical card (I do love symmetry!)...such pretty red elements against the white embossed card base. Thanks again for joining in the fun at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!