Tuesday 12 February 2013

Waltzing with Colour

Good morning bloggers!

There's a colour challenge over at Waltzingmouse this week - possibly aimed at the romantics out there, since it features a whole load of red:


So, since I'm not a romantic I made a birthday card - and there isn't a heart in sight!



My absolute favourite card, using WMS stamps, can be found here - I'm not sure if it's one of Claire's or not - so I've kind of 're-interpreted' it and I hope that's ok.

As I didn't have all the colours in my (limited) ink collection, I used up a few scraps of bazzil instead. I'm one of those people who keeps every last scrap of bazzil.... just in case.  There's piles of the stuff sat in a folder, taking up space in my non-existent scrap room.  Knew it would come in handy though....

I stamped the flowers from Asian Gardens on to the bazzil with Versamark, embossed them in white and die cut them with my Nestie dies.  I then used one of the frames from Fancy Phrases for the background in contrasting inks.  Bit of a CAS one isn't it?

Blog party time soon...better get thinking about those doiles...

Thanks for stopping,

Claire x




9 comments:

  1. It's absolutely fabulous! I think your take on the original card is great. The flowers are beautifully embossed and the scroll frames are the perfect backing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, just to let you know I've sent you a Liebster Award! It's at my blog, mypapercraftworld.wordpress.com for you to pick up. My apologies, I can't figure out how to make this link! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and I keep every scrap of cardstock too! And try to use the little pieces for just such a card as this! Gorgeous! Love the stamped frames! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, wow? Two very different sets combined in a striking, striking card. I love CAS so you had me at all the glorious white space. Makes the rich color palette really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the beautifully stamped frames! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, it's clean and simple and very, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE how you stamped those little frames all in a row! The flowers looks fantastic embossed and cut out that way. Such a lovely design for a thank you note, Claire!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!