Friday 10 May 2013

Casology Hexagons

Well hello bloggers,

I have to say I've struggled with the Casology cue word this week:










Why did I struggle? Because I've really caught the 'hexagonal' bug and realised I have way too much hexagonal stuff to choose from! Should I use the hexagonal die cut? Or maybe the embossing folder? Or the hexagonal woodgrain stamp? Then again I could use the mask...

In the end I went for a new stamp that I got from Mama Elephant recently, coloured it with a few markers and added a stamped circle from Waltzingmouse, together with a Stampin' Up flower from their Eastern Gardens set. I also used the mask but I'm wondering if this has steered me away from the 'clean' element of the challenge!

Of course, since I've finished this card I've had another 100 ideas about what I could have done....

Can't wait to see how everyone else has interpreted the word this week!

Thanks for stopping,

Claire x





6 comments:

  1. Love that background - so pretty - it's like the sky for your pretty hexy rainbow! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background Clare, I always love a rainbow. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, I love the "grungey" look to your background and the hexagons, too...very cool card! I understand how you feel about not knowing what supplies to use...I had the same issue when making my card! So glad you played along again at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, this is one fantastic design! I absolutely love how you easily brought the focus to the rainbow hexagons by using the black image as a frame and the subtle hexagon BG is a terrific addition!
    Thanks for joining us at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the well-deserved HM honor from CASology, Claire!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Claire ... congratulations on your HM at CASology with this fab, colourful, cool card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!