Saturday 18 May 2013

Waltzingmouse Blog Party

Hello everyone,

It's time for one of my favourite challenges of the month again - the Waltzingmouse Blog Party!



This month the theme is 'teacher appreciation.' It's a bit early in the year for us to be sending thank you cards to teachers in Australia - our school year ends in December. But who said you had to wait till then anyway?




I went back to Claire's chalkboard technique tutorial for this one. I wanted it to look like lines on a blackboard so I used the 'for my teacher' stamp from the Frame It set. I drew the apples and added some Dimensional Magic, then stamped the leaves in Versamark using the tiny leaf from Folk Art Medallion.

Well that's enough partying for me this month...off to see how all the other guests have dressed!

Thanks for stopping,

Claire x








14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card, Claire!! Love the papers you used and the awesome chalkboard technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card and I really like the repeating of the sentiment. reminds me of all of those sentiments I would write when I was either in trouble or needed to remember something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your off center panels Claire - and the great patterns! The chalkboard looks pretty with the apples framing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so darling! Never too early to be prepared! This will be a hit for sure! Love the sentiment stamped over and over....sure does let them know how appreciated they are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your chalkboard greetings - such fun. Love the tape measure accents and sweet apples too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Claire this is fabulous!
    I love the papers you've used...
    and that chalkboard is perfect!
    I can't believe you drew the apples...
    I was trying to figure out where you got them...
    they're perfect!
    And now...
    you're ahead of the game for that busy rush time of Christmas and for you...
    end of school year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS card - such great design! So perfect for a teacher!
    LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love your apples :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your chalkboard- perfect!! The papers are wonderful!! Fab card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome collage card, Claire! I can't believe you drew those apples...they look just like the one from the WMS Peace & Plenty set. (Well, actually I can because you are so talented :)) Your chalkboard technique and patterned papers are perfection! Love those "flash cards" in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! What an amazing chalkboard you have made. Just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so perfect! Love all the papers you used and the teacher stamp is great ….

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing ! Such a great card ! Apples look so fine and this small chalkboard ! Perfect !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!