Sunday 29 September 2013

Retrosketches #83

Morning bloggers!

Hope you're having a lovely, lazy Sunday morning.

It's my final week filling in for Kasia over at Retrosketches so a huge thanks to Arielle for letting me join in the fun every week....I've loved every minute of it! This week's sketch is based on this wonderful card by  Laurie:







I stamped the kraft background in white pigment ink using a bloom stamp from Bo Bunny and then stamped over the top with a Kaisercraft script stamp in chocolate. I wanted to 'pretty' it up a little so I used a Marvellous Squares Spellbinders die to cut the triangle.

I have to admit I'm in need of a little injection of colour on this blog at the moment. The last few cards have all had a neutral colour combo so there will be a second, slightly more colourful post a little later today for this months MME challenge.

Have a fabulous Sunday and thanks for stopping,

Claire x






4 comments:

  1. What a great sketch and your card...SWOON!!! Such a beauty Claire!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is perfect with the background stamping! That little orange flower and the orange card give it just the right amount of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your neutral card is beautiful !!! I love how you used the Spellbinders to cut the top panel! I LOVE that little flower! Did you make it or is it a die cut from Bo bunny?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire this is gorgeous! Love the added orange color on the elegant card. Congrats on you Colour Q design team position.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!