Tuesday 15 October 2013

A Retro Colour Q #211

Hello fellow bloggers!

The last week has flown by and already it's time for a new challenge over at Colour Q. This week's colours are such a striking combination, with huge Halloween potential:






Isn't that table fantastic? Not sure if it would go too well in my lounge room unfortunately....

I used this gorgeous sketch over at Retro Sketches for a little inspiration. I would love to have done a Halloween card but I'm afraid I haven't got a single Halloween themed stamp in my collection so I decided to do a flowery chalkboard effect instead. The image is from Stampin' Up's Reason to Smile and the sentiment is from Waltzingmouse's Funky Feathers set. 

I'm also going to enter this one over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is 'rubber or clear stamping' - there are currently a whopping 576 entries so if I win I'll also be buying a lottery ticket!

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire x



6 comments:

  1. What a simply elegant card, I just love that embossed background, too! A great take on the sketch! :) Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Fab! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors are perfect for your pretty floral card. I'm loving the chalkboard look too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout and beautiful use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card--love the chalkboard look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! the tab with the brad is the perfect pretty touch :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!