Monday 28 October 2013

Another Masculine Freshly Made

Good morning bloggers!

Yet again I'm only just in time to do the latest  Freshly Made Sketch - one day I'll get it done as soon as the sketch goes up instead of rushing around at the last minute! This week the sketch is from Jen M:






I seem to have a bit of a thing about masculine cards at the moment...can't get enough of them. I think it's these 6x6 papers I got (very cheaply) from Authentique - they are perfect for more blokey cards.

 I placed the rectangle on a slant and added some absolutely ancient Stampin' Up hardware too, so I guess it's made it look a little different to the original sketch. I've had that Stampin' Up Timeless Talk set for a couple of months but have never used the old fashioned gramophone. When I inked it up, I forgot it hadn't been used and didn't prep it first so the ink didn't fully take to the paper. I kind of like it though - makes it look like it's been stamped with a crayon. Don't you just love cock ups that work out hey?!

Ok, that's all from me - have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping!

Claire x


3 comments:

  1. Claire, you are the absolute Queen of the manly (I like "blokey!") card and this one is my new favorite! I have lots of that ancient hardware and love the way you used yours here. Those papers are fab and oh, yes, I do love it when cock ups turn out to be for the best! We just smile and say, "I meant to do that!" Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you made it in the linky! And with a great blokey card to boot! I've got some of that ancient hardware too and just the other day was eye-balling it wondering what to do with it, so now you've given me ideas! I think it actually looks a bit like film strips here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous masculine card and the addition of the hardware is a great touch to your slanted panel! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!