Tuesday 8 October 2013

Rustic Colour Q

Hello folks,

Hope your week is going well. My eldest went back to school today with a smile on his face and a spring in his step. It was so lovely to see and so completely different to my own experience, when I was filled with dread at the thought of returning to school after the holidays!

So, time for another challenge over at Colour Q - a striking, autumnal colour combo this week:







Since we're approaching Summer over here, Autumn was the last thing on my mind so I chose to make a card for my soon-to-be 5 year old son.  Another Waltzingmouse set (well I do have a lot of them) called Half Pint Heroes. I've had this set for over a year and for some reason have never used the car...I always seem to veer towards the rocket or the submarine.

I sponged the sky with a little help from this wonderful tutorial by Iwona Palamountain. I covered the car with a little Dimensional Magic to make it nice and shiny and the sun was cut using a Silhouette (still on loan and going back soon...sob - Santa are you reading this?) Of course it wasn't until I almost finished it that I realised I had the exact colours in the form of a 6x6 Authentique paper pad - you can see some of it poking out at the bottom!

Well, that's all from me - have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping!

Claire x

3 comments:

  1. Claire this is adorable, love this happy little fella!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness this is just the cutest card! Your sponged cloudy sky is wonderful (I'll have to check out that tutorial), and I love that happy half-pint hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card Claire!! Your sponged sky is wonderful and I love the little sunshine!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!