Tuesday 11 March 2014

CASology Week #86

Hello again!


Told you I'd be back. Well I did a little happy dance last week when I won the CASology challenge -   Melissa dropped me a line to see if I'd be guest designer so the dancing continued, albeit with a mild sense of panic that I might not be up for the job!  This week the cue word is 'roots.'


  




I had a couple of ideas but went for the simplest in the end - I embossed the Technique Tuesday stamps in white on black, then used the same stamp in black for the background. Couldn't get much simpler really could it?!

Make sure you check out the design team's cards - they blow me away every week with their amazing creativity and take on the cue word. Hope you get the chance to join in and thanks so much for the guest spot Melissa!

Claire x






11 comments:

  1. So happy to have you guest designing for us this week, Claire! This card is a stunner! LOVE the black and white! The white embossing really makes the main image pop! Thanks for agreeing to join us as guest designer!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on ur GD spot, I loved ur simplistic yet stunning card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being GD, Claire! Such a stunning card ... gorgeous and crisp and classic ... awesome! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you were up for the job all right, Claire! Congratulations on the GD spot. You did an awesome design for the challenge ~ thank you for the wonderful design idea!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty in the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, so lovely!!! So stunning is this white on black embossed number!!! So happy that you get to Guest Design with ll of us this week, makes me sort of wish we had a card a day challenge! ---oh that would hurt. Anyways. Such a treat for us to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, I knew you'd be up to the challenge...you are an amazing card-maker and this card just goes to prove it! Love the black and white theme...such a classic CAS card! Thanks for guest designing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire, I knew you'd be up to the challenge...you are an amazing card-maker and this card just goes to prove it! Love the black and white theme...such a classic CAS card! Thanks for guest designing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Claire. Love the heat embossing and the classy look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!