Sunday 2 March 2014

Not so Sponge-tastic

Morning folks!

Over at W Plus 9 there's a challenge for us to stretch it and get out of our comfort zone so I did a little sponging on my card today. My sponging skills are less than perfect - I never seem to get an even coverage and tend to get a bit heavy handed so there's usually more ink on one area of the image:







I used Fresh Cut Florals again for this one. I also used the colours from this weeks Colour Throwdown (although I don't have So Saffron so Daffodil Delight will have to do) and I'm entering it into The Card Concept, where there is a floral theme.  I reckon this one is clean and simple.

Thanks for popping by,

Claire x

10 comments:

  1. Your sponging looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness....a resounding YES to the clean & simple! BUT, I'm adding beautifully and stunningly clean & simple to your category classification! Your sponging is flawless. I would never have guessed that you are new to this technique, You're a natural 'blender' :) The wee peek of black matting really sets off the black image on the card front. LOVE all the glorious white space!

    I't's been a pleasure visiting your blog! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sponging and it looks perfect to me and loving the card too ! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely PERFECT CAS card! Fabulous use of the colors! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire...this is so pretty and is even more so now that I realize you stepped outside of your comfort zone to use the sponging! Love the black flowers and the little bit of black in the background...very nice card for the floral challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect sponging!! The variations in color are wonderful!! Thxs for playing at CTD...hope you join us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful CAS design...your sponged detail looks fantastic!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THIS!!! I love the sponging... AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!