Sunday 9 March 2014

Smooching with Freshly Made

Hello bloggers!

Hope you're having a fantastic weekend.  Ours has been one of the busiest in a while as my eldest son and I have had a double celebration since we share the same birthday.  Of course I say 'share', but I use that term very loosely...trust me, there's no 'sharing' when there's an 8 year birthday boy in the house!

Despite the birthday havoc, I did find time to do a quick card. One of things I love about buying new stamps is being able to enter new challenges...I've always had a hankering for Paper Smooches but wasn't able to find them locally - until now that is.  Over on their blog they have an inspiration pic for us to play with:









I was inspired by the twine and by those gorgeous silver storage funnels....what a brilliant idea. I went a bit mad with some pewter/silver embossing powder and a background stamp. The little robot is from Paper Smooches Little Fella set...perfect for little boys...and for big ones too.

I also combined the challenge with the fun sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches by Amy.

Thanks for popping by for a peak - now I'm off to celebrate my birthday!

Claire x


7 comments:

  1. This card is amazing!! I LOVE it!! Love the adorable little robot and your embossing! Great colors!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your card, Claire! All the texture is fantastic and your little robot is too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and Happy Birthday to both you and your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of texture and your card is full of great texture. I love how you embossed the card base and the star to look like metal like the robot. Great card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this, Claire! What a fabulous boy card! I share a birthday with my youngest daughter, who is nine. I've found that my husband goes out of his way to make sure that I'm not lost in the shuffle. He always makes sure to help me celebrate in some way -- even if it is a week or two later. I hope you have the same experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Claire ... and to your son too! This is so fabulous ... love all the silver embossing, so much great texture ... I want to touch it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great card. Congratulations on your win over at FMS!!! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS Claire, Love this freshly made DUDE card, you rocked this challenge for SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!