Friday 28 March 2014

Washi Galore



Hello folks,

Here's a quick card I did last night for the latest Freshly Made Sketch challenge:






Whenever I go to craft shows I'm always enticed by the beautiful rolls of washi tape on display.  Naturally I have to grab 2 or 3 rolls and when I get home I put them with the rest of my stash...and that's where they stay. Lovely to look at but never used.

So,  since I have about 12 rolls of the stuff (at last count),  I really thought it was about time I actually used some of it.  I embossed SU's Banner Blast set on to some vellum and backed them with some aqua cardstock, then added a little stamp from Close to my Heart 's Perfect Fit Birthday Occasions.

There's a birthday card challenge over at the The Card Concept so I'm going to link up over there too. Clean and layered I think this time.

If you have popped over to my blog lately and been kind enough to leave a comment - thank you! I've been absent from blogland quite a bit in recent weeks due to family visits so haven't been doing much blog hopping. Hope to see you soon!

Claire x

10 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch...the banner looks sooo cute and I love all the beautiful colors and papers you used!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the patchwork, 'quilty' feel of this! Bright and cheery! Thanks so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this card...and yes I do the same I love looking at all the pretty tapes ...and I buy them and there they sit. You did a fabulous job! Love the added texture on the banner too. I will be back for sure! BTW...Love your banner across the top of your blog showcasing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card. love the colours and the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I love the way you've used the banners with the sketch, and I love the subtle texture in the background. I have a basket filled with washi tape that sits on my workspace and it just makes me happy to look at it. It would make me even happier if I used it more, too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the colours you have used on your gorgeous card Claire. The DP's you have used and that gorgeous embossed banner are fabulous. Perfect sentiment focal point too. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun take on the sketch! Nothing like a little washi, I always say!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful color combinations :) Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!