Tuesday 12 August 2014

Stretch Your Stamps - Outline Stamps

G'day folks!

I've been busy learning a few new techniques from Online Card Classes' Stretch Your Stamps 2.  Laura Bassen made a couple of beautiful tags, placing the stamped focal point off centre and colouring it in with Copics.  I've got a very limited number of large outline stamps (make that one) and used Waltzingmouse's Camellia set:






I white embossed the bloom on to white card stock and used a combination of Copics and a Kaisercraft blender pen.  It didn't blend quite as well as the Copics but I quite like how the petals are more defined because of it.  Of course, once I'd coloured the image in I wasn't quite sure what to do with it so turned to Mojo Monday for a bit of inspiration - thank goodness for sketches! And wouldn't you know, this fits in with Waltzingmouse Fantatics challenge - 'make your mark' so I'm popping it over there too. (Thanks Kate!)



See you later with the Colour Q challenge!

Claire x



6 comments:

  1. So pretty! The coloring is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire great colouring - so envious of your talents. Why not head over to Waltzing Mouse Fanatics. They have a make your mark challenge this F/N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is absolutely stunning! I love the white embossed flower and beautiful colouring. The layout is so pretty too. I do like the dry embossed background too. Thank you so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics too. Hope to see you again.

    BTW - this looks like a really fun course - I'll have to check it out when I get back after my hols!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love this design simplicity focused on the beautiful flower. Your online course sounds really interesting.
    Kathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning - love the white lines for colouring it gives such a different feel and the texture from the embossing ties is all together beautifully.
    thanks for joining us at Waltzingmouse Fanatics
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Claire, stunningly coloured - hope it's ok if I pin?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!