Sunday 15 March 2015

Guest Designing for TAWS!

G'day folks!

A few months ago I was thrilled to be asked to be Guest Designer for March over at The Alley Way Stamps blog.  I've so enjoyed playing with a couple of different TAWS sets: Monster Mash and Good Point:







So what's the first thing that springs to mind when you think about monsters? For me, it's a wardrobe. My husband finds it highly amusing that, despite being over forty, I still have to have the wardrobe doors closed when we go to sleep.  I think this may be because I was convinced there were monsters hiding there when I was a kidlet and that's what first came to mind when I saw this sweet set. I found a wardrobe template on my Silhouette, stamped each of the little monsters on patterned paper and stuck them inside.  I then stamped one of the larger arrows from Good Point to put on the wardrobe doors...just to warn the recipient that monsters are lurking inside!




It was Valentines Day around the time I did my second card...love was in the air and I knew these little monsters would look extra cute, staring into each others googly eyes.  This time I used distress inks to colour them...I'm not sure if they're ready to kiss or eat each other but I reckon they've got the hots for each other!

So that's it for now...I'll be back with some more projects at a later date - don't forget to check out the TAWS shop for lots of other lovely goodies!

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire x



2 comments:

  1. Congratulation on guesting Claire!! I like your monsters in the cupboard, cute cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your GD spot, Claire ... how fabulous! Brilliant cards ... such fun having the paper pieced monsters in the wardrobe ... and those little hand holding guys are just so cute ... gorgeous inking! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!